· Develop protocols to optimize and troubleshoot procedures that meet quality standards;
· Perform experiments related to the development of immunochromatographic rapid diagnostic tests for clinical use based on colloidal gold nanoparticle/fluorescent latex bead technology;
· Optimize chemistries in the synthesis/biofunctionalization of nanoparticles and their incorporation into lateral flow assays;
· Evaluate results of tests and adopt measures to improve performance; and
· Troubleshoot R&D scale products and develop them for largescale production.
Requirements: M.S. degree in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field. The successful candidate must have one year of hands-on combined experience (employer will accept academic experience) in following:
· Analysis and interpretation of lateral flow test data including antibody chemistry;
· Development and optimization of lateral flow diagnostic tests using gold nanoparticles; and
· Functionalization of nanoparticles with antibodies using electrostatic and covalent methods.